Monday, January 7, 2008

First day of placement

So today started out alright. got up, shower, get dressed, breakfast, make lunch, to the car + scrape windows then go to placement. No big deal, lots of time and a map. I'm good to go.
So i find the place, its not hard and park go to the front door and ... can't get in. the doors open at 8:00 and I must have been early, so the security guy let me in ( CREEPY GUY) and I waited, not long for the PT, Renee. So we get things going I get shown around and introduced to a lot of people. and finally dumped in the PT gym area to work with the other Aids and patients. OK this is what I have been training for, no big deal. I talk to some of the ladies and help push wheelchairs and move things. and then Ned ( name changed for FOIP reasons) comes in. Ned has had a stroke and is paralyzed on one side. I'm to do ROM (range of motion) with him and work his left arm & shoulder. He doesn't talk to you, just about you. and shortly while we are working I hear " Piece of ass" and not just once, several times and he has tried to pinch both ends of me! Dirty old man! but as this is now "normal" for this man, I just have to grin and bear it, like the permeating smell of urine, that seems to have followed me home. UGH i really cant see myself working in this Field.

No comments: